Local Priorities, Local Planning
Preserve our Quality of Life
- Protect our unique neighborhoods.
- Focus new development in commercial and mixed-use areas.
- Enhance the maintenance of our beautiful parks and natural areas.
Prioritize Spending and Fiscal Responsibility
- Maintain and protect public safety funding.
- Control the growth of city debt.
- Match city spending to community priorities.
Attract New Businesses and Support Local Businesses
- Streamline the development code.
- Reduce red tape.
- Support urban renewal
- Partner with the School District to develop permanent funding solutions.
- Identify ways to boost enrolment and avoid school closures.
Plan for our Future
- Attract young families.
- Provide housing options for aging seniors to stay in the community.
- Control growth.
Protect our Natural Resources
- Maintain our existing natural areas.
- Balance private property rights with public benefit.
- Continue city sustainability goals.
Restore Trust and Civility to City Council